Lee's Love Style

February 04, 2018

My boyfriend and I have been dating for almost 2.5 years. We met our freshman year of college and started dating the beginning of our sophomore year. He is the person that I had in mind when I took the Lee's Love Style quiz. I scored high in the love styles of Agape, Eros, Mania, and Pragma. The one that dominated the most though was Agape. This does not surprise me being that Agape love style pertains to someone that is very giving. From the very beginning of our relationship, I always wanted to do little things for my boyfriend. I tended to surprise him with little treats in the beginning of our relationship. One random night I showed up in his dorm with a pack of four mini blue moon ice cream pack (his favorite flavor of ice cream). When he was stressed with finals I surprised him with a half dozen box of donuts and a cappuccino. Now, I tend to do little "tasks" for him. We'll be trying to fall asleep and he'll be thirsty. If it was any other person, I would be selfish and not get out of bed to grab a glass of water. For some reason though, it doesn't bother me. I guess it has something to do with the level of love I have for him; I'd do anything for him.

If I had to guess, I would say we have  love styles. I would not say that his dominating love style is agape. I'm not saying that my boyfriend is not a caring person, we've just been raised differently. There was this one time when we were chilling in his dorm room, about ready to go to bed. I was feeling lazy and was wanting a bottle of water. So I asked my boyfriend if he would do to the basement and buy me one from the vending machine. He told me "no" since I was capable of getting it myself. I responded with puppy eyes "if you loved me, you would get me one." I did not mean offensively at all, but that's how he took it. What I really meant was, "when you love someone, you're willing to do anything for them since they're so special". I think to this day, it still bothers him that I said that. He explained to me later that as a kid when he wanted something, his mom made him get it himself; she didn't "baby" him. Now I understand where he is coming from and I try to be less lazy. So in a way he's made me a better person.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts