The Five Love Languages

April 29, 2018


I heard about the Five Love Languages a couple of years ago. The Five Love Languages are as follows: words of affirmation, quality time, receiving gifts, acts of service, and physical touch. Prior to taking the test, I always had a feeling that my love language would either be physical touch, quality time, or receiving gifts. After taking the test, it was practically a tie between physical touch and receiving gifts. In class we discussed that a lot of women feel guilty when saying their love language is receiving gifts. They feel like they’re being materialistic and do not want to admit it. I can definitely see where they are coming from being that I feel a little guilty saying it as well. I know it describes me accurately though. I find it the cutest thing when husbands surprise their wives with a bouquet of flowers when they had a day. I’m a little jealous of those women. I’ve been dating my boyfriend for three years and he has yet to buy me flowers, not just spontaneously, but for Valentine’s Day as well. It’s hard having receiving gifts as a love language being that my boyfriend is frugal. All I want is to be surprised with a little something , but that’s just not his personality.

My other love language is physical touch. This is also an area where me and my boyfriend’s personalities contradict. I’m always in the mood to cuddle or hold hands. My boyfriend gives me that kind of attention but mostly only at night while we’re winding down for the evening. I wish he would sometimes be that boyfriend that holds my hand or kiss me while we’re in public. I just have to remind myself that he’s just more of a reserved type of guy though.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts