Infidelity

April 29, 2018


As discussed in class, the definition of infidelity is defined differently by everyone. Infidelity can be flirting, denying being in a relationship, or spending time with specific individuals. My definition of infidelity is flirting and anything that follows after. I have never cheated on my boyfriend nor has he cheated on me. My boyfriend’s dad had an affair so I think that has something to do with his type of character and how he feels about infidelity.

As I mentioned previously, I have not intentionally cheated on my boyfriend, but that’s just my judgement. After almost a year of dating, I started my internship at Bed Bath and Beyond. A guy named Zach asked if I wanted to hang out after work. He knew I had a boyfriend, so I did not think anything was wrong with it. I did think of it from my boyfriend’s point of view. So that night I texted him (since we were long distance for the summer) and asked if it was okay if I went bowling or something with Zach. He responded “do whatever you want babe”. I sensed that he might be a little upset, so I told him “good, because I don’t want anything to ever come between us”. He said he was tired and then went to bed.

The next day I didn’t hear from him until later that night which was unusual for him. He basically told me that the idea of going bowling with just Zach seemed in his eyes as a date. He said that he trusted me but he didn’t trust the guy. Then he said that he didn’t want to control me, so I was free to do whatever, but he just wanted me to know how he felt. Of course I felt bad that I made him feel this way and told him I would respect his wishes.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Overall comments re: blog entries:
    Your entries are fantastic! They are focused and integrate both course material and real life examples. You have successfully met the criteria to earn full points on each of your entries. Excellent work!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts